Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Here come the papers...

...and I'm not sure what to do about a topic. I think it might be worthwhile for me to look into the Year's best collection, but I can't just leave JS & Mr. N by the wayside. It was a really good book, and I feel like I need to acknowledge it somehow. I thought about what interested me about the story, and I guess what I came up with is the history aspect of the story in conjunction with the footnotes (see last post). My problem is, how do I turn something like that into a paper? And is it even possible? If anybody has any ideas, they would be much appreciated.

Andy, I was reading your comment on my last post, and it intrigued me. I would love to write about it. The only thing is, it seems like it would be very opinion-oriented. Do you get this vibe also? If so, is that an okay thing to do?

1 comment:

ReneeRivas said...

Do you mean you want to write about the background of the story? Basically trying to reconstruct it from allusions and the footnotes? If that's the case, are you concerned then about how to frame it/organize it?