Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Prelude to a Playlist

Ok, so I'm way too excited about making a fantasy themed playlist... but whatever.

Unfortunately, I don't have time to make one up right now!
So, I'm going to post things that are slightly musically related and interesting before I construct a "Magic For Beginner's" playlist on my iPod.

Moving on to the goods...
Fantasy Themed Music Videos!

1.) "Safety Dance" - Men Without Hats (a classic fantasy setting and amusingly serious singing combined with *ridiculous* lyrics makes for a funtime music video! "Everybody look at your hands")



2.) "El Mañana" - Gorillaz (I've always thought the weird Fantasy World of the Gorillaz's videos is awesomely striking and fabulous.)



3.) "La bonne étoile" -M- (Mathieu Chédid's videos are always weird and can often be fantasy oriented, but I think this one is especially interesting...)



4.) "Short Stacks" - The Ditty Bops (are an amazing folk band! But this video is also about a little ghost girl. While you're at it, watch the video for "Wishful Thinking" because it's just awesome.)



5.) "Electric Surfin' Go Go" - Polysics (Thought I'd throw in a Sci-Fi one just for good measure... And because I'm obsessed with this crazy band and their crazy videos. Robots, cats, dopplegangers, etc. Please watch "I My Me Mine" if you have time, because it's also amazing.)



There.

Yes, my music taste is... eclectic...

Hope you all get a kick out of it!

No comments: