Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Hello All!!!

Okay, so it took me about an hour just to figure out how to post on the blog. Guess I'm not a natural-born blogger! Well as far as my run ins with modern day fantasy, I feel that I am seriously lacking in that department. This is actually one of the reasons that I chose to take this class. I decided that it would be nice to read something that is not from a scientific standpoint for a change. This class, I am hoping, should expand my horizons towards the world on fantasy! I, like most children, experienced fantasy from the usual bedtime stories read to me by my parents, my adventurous world that I supposedly went to with my imaginary friend and of course the holiday stories such as the recently encountered Santa Claus! As ya'll can see my encounters with fantasy can be considered quite basic : ( However, from my encounters, I realize that fantasy can be seen as a realm beyond our natural understanding. The concept of normal when it comes to fantasy can be completely thrown out the window! Concepts that are readily understood in the fantasy world are seen to us as just plain figments of our imagination. There are no true reason behind why things are in the fantasy world. Everything I suppose just is and should be accepted that way.

No comments: