Wednesday, January 30, 2008

I love, love, love, love, love Ford. It may just be because I didn't feel a real connection with Link's stories, but Ford's stories are the kind you lay in bed all day and enjoy! Reading these stories (well, most of them) didn't take the least bit of effort at all! And you get to go back and really think about them after you've finished reading them which is not something I felt I could do with Link's stories. By the end of Link's stories I was always irritated because of the lack of closure, and with these stories, I'm not.

My favorite was definitely The Green Word, though. It gave me the "warm, fuzzy" feeling that you get when you read a good book. I really liked the battle between "good" and "evil', and the end when you find out the The Green Word is love. It made me think that although the king thought he was right to get rid of the people in the forest, they were promoting love of all people...I think. Either way, I liked it a lot!

2 comments:

Erica said...

I totally agree. I loved this book as a whole and was really drawn to The Green Word. It's your classic fairy tale. It made me happy inside. :)

Ellie said...

Yep. Another Ford Fan right here. his stories are to me, just that, wonderful stories. I know there are deeper meanings...like corruption in the Church (props to that post) but I love the beautifully spun, descriptive fairy tales. It's a wonderful place to get lost.