Wednesday, January 16, 2008

oh yeah.....we do blogs in this class....

Yeah....so I pretty much dropped the ball on this one....but I suppose doing it now is better than not doing it at all...

I'll make this very short and sweet because i'm sure no one really wants to read something that's been posted ten other times....

What is Fantasy?: I said (and I quote)-- "Media forms [books, movies, art] that contain unreal (or exaggerations of 'real') characters, objects, or storylines that are not explained away in terms of science and technology."

Examples of Fantasy: Harry Potter, Chronicles of Narnia, Alice in Wonderland, various other Disney films.

Personal Experience: Movies I've seen and books I've read. Not to mention all those times I played "pretend" all alone......by myself..... Yes....I was a lonely child. Ha.

1 comment:

Court said...

Hey! You made a great point that I completely forgot about. Seeing as I was an only child for 9.5 years, I too played "pretend" quite a bit when I was little. I was pretty lonely too. So...I read a lot and played card games with myself...you know where you play both hands and just switch sides. And lots of "pretend" with forts made out of blankets draped over couches and tables in the living room.