Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Woot!

So, I have decided that I adore Jeffrey Ford. And not just because the title of his book is about ice cream, although that is a fine point. His writing style is amazing!!! Ahh! I loved every story he wrote. Okay, so the story I was assigned was Giant Land, which I really enjoyed. The female character was fascinating, and I enjoyed how the tale looped around itself, always using the same characters over and over, even when you think that their part in the tale is over. I will think of questions for this tale soon, but I want time to reflect on what I just read. Truthfully, my favorite story is Botch Town. I adored this story! It was one of the longer of Ford's stories, but I was entranced the whole way through. I love the characters and the fact that the devil was walking on earth driving a white car and stalking around. I was somewhat reminded of a favorite novel, Good Omens, a collaboration between Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett, except that Good Omens is somewhat more humorous. Okay, that's all I really wanted to say, and I'm late to class, so I must be off! I will see everyone tomorrow, and I will arrive on a white steed (well, really my purple bike) bearing delicious cookies!!!! Which are delicious, as I have previously stated!!!

P.S. I have decided that I want to do my paper on how the devil (or something to that effect, perhaps demons in general or something) is represented in fantasy, so claim!!! I am using Botch Town, obviously, maybe Lull, I don't really know. Either that, or I will be using the figure of death in general, of which I have many ideas but I'm not yet sure on that either. But basically, I claim death/devil for my paper. Love you all! Okay, I'm done.

No comments: