Friday, February 15, 2008

Also! Extra Material For Those Interested!

For Laura (I think), this is the Patricia C. Wrede series I was talking about with all the gender bending and fun time dragony goodness:
The Enchanted Forest Chronicles <--Amazon page

The one I was talking about in class was Dealing with Dragons, which is book one of the series (but the rest is worth a read too!).

Also, here's a link to Pratchett's Nac Mac Feegle series:
1.) The Wee Free Men
2.) A Hat Full of Sky
3.) The Wintersmith
There's a lot with the "power of words" in this series. As it was The Wee Free Men that introduced me to the Discworld, I have a special place in my heart for the little blue Scotsmen, but I also just happen to enjoy this series thoroughly. If you liked Monstrous Regiment (or even if you didn't!), you should totally read these.

Hope that helps someone out!
Or at least throws someone on to a good read!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for your help, Laurie! Turns out some of these are right here on campus!

Andy Duncan said...

Thanks, Laurie. Such reading lists, with links, are always helpful, and I encourage your classmates to post their own before the semester's out.