Wednesday, February 6, 2008

A New Terry Pratchett Fan!!!!

Okay, at first I was a little skeptical about the book. I must admit that I am not one to get enthralled about books concerning the tactics of war, which is was I thought the book was going to be about. I think the word "Regiment" in the title threw me off : ) However, out of what we have read so far this book, I must say, tops the cake! Pratchett adds in every unexpected twist that yo u would never even dreamed of thinking of. I suppose this is the reason why this book is a national best seller. Vampires, trolls & Igors (even though I never heard of an Igor before... Is an Igor something Pratchett invented or do they exist like vampires and trolls and I just hadnt heard of them before?) brought that fantastical touch to the book that we all know and love. Wazzer, even though she wasn't as action packed throughout the book, gave me a lot of laughs. She was such a fanatic, "The Duchess told me that I should." In addition, I loved Igor (or Igorina whatever you prefer) whose lisp sometimes threw me off. I sometimes had to stop for a second to figure out what she was saying. I found myself trapped in this book from the moment that I started reading. Plus it was hard to find a good stopping place being that there were no chapters. The chapter thing threw me off a little but that was okay. Overall this book was hilarious! While I was reading in the library I found myself chuckling in the midst of quiet studiers who at times would give me those, "that girl is so weird" glances. I could say so much more about the book but I feel as though I would be rabbling so I will stop now and just say that I loved it. Terry Pratchett definitely has a new fan!

No comments: